TUESDAY OR THURSDAY
CO-ED FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUES
FALL SEASON START DATE:
Early September - Early November 2014
To Be Determined
This is a Mandatory Meeting, so if the Team Captain is unable to attend, another representative from the team must be present.
FLAG FOOTBALL KICK-OFF HAPPY HOUR:
To Be Determined
- Tuesday Night League - Social, Casual, Competitive, & Elite Divisions
- Thursday Night League - Casual & Competitive Divisions
Teams can play in both leagues, as they are 2 separate leagues.
Each team will play 8 regular season games plus playoff games (if your team qualifies).
Game will play between 8pm – 11pm.
Playoffs will be held the week following the regular season.
*(NEW) The number of teams that make it to the playoffs are:
- Social League - No Playoffs
- Casual League - Top 8 teams
- Competitive League - Top Half # of Teams
- Elite League - All Teams
FXA Football now has 4 divisions - Social, Casual, Competitive & Elite
- The Social Division is very recreational and suggested for new FXA Football teams or teams that brand new to flag football. This division is suggested for teams with under 3 seasons of flag football experience. This division uses the Break-Away Flag Belts
- Casual Division - This division should be played by recreational players only and allows players new to flag football & less experienced players to play a fun game without the intensity or pressure of winning. This division is suggested for teams with 3 - 5 seasons of flag football experience. This division uses the Break-Away Flag Belts
- Competitive Division - This division should be played by experienced (youth, high school, or college) players or very athletic players that are looking for a competitive game built around other strong teams. This division is solid Flag Football Competition and suggested for teams with over 6 - 8 seasons flag football experience. This division uses the Sonic Flag-a-Tag Pop Flag Belts.
- Elite Division - This division is our most intense and competitive division. With experienced teams and players, this division offers a consistent high level of play and very competitive games, best suited for players who have played organized flag football for more than 4 years and are in great physical condition. This division is suggested for teams with over 9 seasons flag football experience. This conference will play on an 80 yard field and uses the Sonic Flag-a-Tag Pop Flag Belts. The Elite Championship team will play for FREE the following FXA season.
FXA reserves the right to move your team to a different conference at any time including playoffs to competition evenly matched!
If a game is canceled due to inclement weather, make-up games may be rescheduled on a different day to keep the season on schedule. Blast text messages/emails will be sent to all roster players when games are canceled or you can call the FXA Hotline at (703) 382-9111 x20. It will also be posted on the website, and canceled games will show a red line through them.
*Please Note - Depending on the number of teams in each conference, make-up games may be played on a different day to keep the season on schedule.
All games will paly on the following Turf Fields in Fairfax County:
- Oak Marr Turf Fields 1 & 2 in Oakton
- Hutchinson Park 4 Turf Field in Herndon
- Highlands Park Turf Fields 1 & 2 in Herndon
- Lake Fairfax 4 Turf field in Reston
- Centreville HS Aux Turf Field 2 in Clifton
- EC Lawrence Turf fields 2 & 3 in Chantilly
The cost is $740 per team. Starting Monday, August 18th, there is an additional late fee of $140.
INDIVIDUAL (FREE AGENT) FEES:
The cost is $35 for Females and $55 for Males.
You must make payment at time of registration using PayPal.
Each team shall field eight players, with at least three women at all times. Every 3rd play must be a "female play" (see rules for more details). Click on the Rules Tab for complete rule book.
The league fee includes 8 regular season games (plus playoffs if you qualify), 2 experienced referees per field, sideline markers & end-zone pylons, painted / lined football fields, flag belts, and beer/food specials after the games!
Click on the Team Registration or Individual Registration (Free Agent) Tabs to Register.
Player Payment Team Registration ends on Sunday, August 17, 2014
Full Team Registration / Individual Registration ends on Sunday, August 31, 2014
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for information and frequently asked questions about the league and registration.
AGE REQUIREMENTS (NEW):
Females must be 18 years or older to participate in Fairfax Athletics.
Males must be 21 years or older to participate in Fairfax Athletics.
PLAYER REGISTRATION (NEW):
Before any player can participate in FXA, he/she must complete the player registration and add them self to the team(s) roster using the registration links sent to the captain (or individual that registered the team) in the registration confirmation email. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to make sure every player has completed this player registration.
FXA Registration fees are refundable only at the discretion of Fairfax Athletics.
*Assumes 10 or more teams register for the Elite League.